- We are Biblical. We believe that the Bible containing the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments is the inspired Word of God and the ultimate authority in matters of faith and practice. Word-centered Ministry is our priority. We believe that God’s Word does His work in His people by His Spirit through expositional preaching and teaching from the Bible. Along with the Church Society Council, we commend the Southwark Declaration as a clear outline of basic Christian truths on the subject of human sexuality.
- We are Confessional. We subscribe to the Thirty-Nine Articles of Religion as the doctrinal articulation of our English Reformed (Anglican) confession (Printable Doctrinal Summaries). We base our Membership instruction on The Heidelberg Catechism (Printable PDF version) and recommend Kevin DeYoung’s book.
- We are Missional. We believe that our corporate mission as an evangelical congregation was commanded by our Lord Jesus and is recorded in Matthew 28:18-20. Therefore, we seek to glorify God by introducing men, women, and children to Jesus as Savior and by building them up as our Lord’s disciples with a continual focus on the gospel.
- We are Communal. We value Word-centered spiritual nurturing within the family, and we acknowledge the truth of the universal Church as the Body of Christ. We affirm the importance of biblical Membership within a local congregation where the fallen world and the growing Kingdom of God most intensely collide in spiritual battle. This booklet from “The Anglican Agenda” series by Jim Salladin entitled Taking Fellowship Seriously is a helpful resource. We submit to pastoral oversight within The Missionary Diocese of CANA West.
- We are Liturgical. We come together as the LORD’s Assembly to worship and serve the Father, through the Son, in the Holy Spirit as a foretaste of the Great Feast fully and eternally celebrated upon Jesus’ glorious Return. Our Order of Service for the Lord’s Supper and Morning Prayer follow the authorized version of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer. All those baptized into Christ in the Name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit and who earnestly believe in the gospel of Jesus’ Person and work are welcome to the Lord’s Table. Our Service incorporates all Members of the gathered congregation as a labor of love toward God and each other for our deepest joy and the One True God’s greater glory.
- We are saved by Grace alone through Faith alone in the merits of Christ alone as revealed in the Bible alone to the Glory of God alone. To learn more about the Protestant, Reformed and Evangelical history of Anglicanism, please take time to listen to these three lectures given by Dr. Peter F. Jensen here. Additionally, Dr. Lee Gatiss has a video entitled “The True Profession of the Gospel” in which he articulates the history and theology of Reformation Christianity in the English-speaking world that can be viewed here.